Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's Bento Time!

This is the next thing I'm into. Bentos. Started with a search for Kitty cookie cutters, then I fell to the temptation of Kitty sushi rice moulds. Before I knew it, I was on the hunt for Kitty Bento Boxes!

Truth be told though, I've always liked the idea of packed lunches. I spent most of my teenage years collecting lunchboxes of all sizes. Big ones, small ones. Cute ones, practical ones. Fancy ones, simple ones. Thermal ones, and well... ordinary types. So it's all really just coming together - the baking, the cooking; being a wife, being a mum.

I've now got me a meal planning notebook where I plan my meals ahead of time, and with the help of Jimelyn in the mornings, I've managed to pack KM and myself bento lunches for 2 days now. Nothing fancy. But very satisfying indeed to know that I'm able to put together something reasonably healthy and in good proportions too for KM to take to work.

No comments: